Things We Believe
Every organization has to have some beliefs. These are ours. They aren’t hard and fast rules. They’re more like guidelines. But we’ve spent a while thinking about these things. Here’s what we’ve figured out.
Stuff That Matters:
- Democracy works best when it is hands-on, driven by volunteers (usually on a bus).
- Forward-thinking politics transcends party lines. Positive politics builds civic trust and engagement.
- Actions are judged by outcomes in the short, medium, and long term.
- Investment in youth pays long term dividends.
- Laughter and fun are powerful political tools.
- Success relies on building homegrown organizations that last for the long term.
- The public interest needs full-spectrum advocates inside and outside of elections.
- Trust in people and partners accelerates change.
- States are crucial building blocks of American democracy.
- Innovation is key to remaining nimble, effective, and relevant.
- The diversity of our nation should be reflected in our leadership.
- Not left, not right, but forward.