Request for Proposals: Design Services
On September 22nd, 2015, volunteers, election administrators, and organizations will hit the streets for the fourth annual National Voter Registration Day. This single day of coordinated volunteer, technology and media efforts will create widespread awareness of voter registration opportunities–allowing us to reach tens of thousands of voters or more who we could not reach otherwise.
National Voter Registration Day requires graphic design work to update content for posters that will be printed and social media graphics that both will be utilized by the hundred to thousands of individuals, organizations, and businesses of the holiday.
The audiences for National Voter Registration Day materials are:
- potential business, nonprofit, and election administrator partners, including entities managed by individuals with disabilities;
- committed business, nonprofit, and election administrator partners, including entities managed by individuals with disabilities;
- potential and committed individual, foundation, and business donors and sponsors;
- potential and actual volunteers, including individuals with disabilities;
- potential, new voters, including language minorities and individuals with disabilities.
Publicly accessible past designs:
- Integration of current logo
- Creation of poster design to be printed that can be adapted for multiple designs in other languages
- Creation of 5 social media graphics/shareables each that can be adapted into multiple designs in other languages
- Creation of a final report template for digital distribution
- Creation of layout for voter education palm cards
- More photos of people integrated into social media designs
- Printed posters double sided with “Register to Vote Here” on one side and include open space in design to allow printed design to be hand-written on
- Ensure designs stay generally aligned with our current branding
- Designs need to direct people to NationalVoterRegistrationDay.org
- Emphasis on creation of materials that speak to diverse communities
- Ability to layout and list non-English languages in designs
Proposals Due: 6/19
Decision Date: 6/26
Draft poster design due: 7/3/15
Final poster design due: 7/10/15
Draft palm card design due: 7/3/15
Final palm card design due: 7/10/15
Draft social media graphics due: 7/17/15
Final social media graphics due: 7/31/15
Up to $5,000
We may select multiple designers for social media images and shareables to make sure that we have diversity of looks and feels.
- Summary of design experience
- Existing client references
- Labor Estimate/Proposed budget
- Examples of previous work
Criteria for selection:
- Ability to meet budget and timeline
- Commitment and alignment to our project values – promoting civic participation and education, and mass engagement of citizens in democracy through voter registration
- Quality of previous work and alignment with our visual aesthetic
Please send proposals to Fiona Yau-Luu at firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on Friday, June 19th.